Tel: +44 (0)121 778 2400    Email:
Family Dependant Visa
If you want to bring your family members to the UK with you then there are a number of ways to do this, depending on your nationality and, if applicable, your UK Visa status.Family members will usually include your Spouse or Partner and your children under the age of 18. In some cases you can bring your parents to the UK if they are financially dependent on you and require care that cannot be provided in their home country.

The various categories under which family members can join you in the UK are generally determined by your nationality and your right to be in the UK.

EEA Family Visa

EEA Citizens exercising Treaty Rights in the UK can bring their non-EEA Family members with them.
  • If you are an EEA Citizen exercising Treaty Rights in the UK (or a British Citizen who has exercised Treaty Rights in an EEA Country NOT including the UK for the last 6 months) then you can use the EEA Family Visa route to bring your spouse, civil partner, children and other dependant family members with you to the UK.
  • You are not required to obtain the EEA Family Visa BUT doing so will help when entering the UK and will also help UK employers to more easily recognise your right to live and work in the UK, so you are strongly advised to obtain the EEA Family Visa.

PBS Dependant Visa

If you are in the UK as a migrant (including Tier 1 Visas, Tier 2 Visas and Tier 4 Student visas) then your family members can often join you in the UK under the PBS Dependant Visa category.

Back to top